• was founded in 1988 as the non-profit European Association for Renewable Energy that conducts its work independently of political parties, institutions, commercial enterprises and interest groups,
• is dedicated to the cause of completely substituting for nuclear and fossil energy through renewable energy,
• regards solar energy supply as essential to preserve the natural resources and a prerequisite for a sustainable economy,
• acts to change conventional political priorities and common infrastructures in favor of renewable energy, from the local to the international level,
• brings together expertise from the fields of politics, economy, science, and culture to promote the entry of solar energy,
• provides the opportunity to play a part in the sociocultural movement for renewable energy by joining the association for everyone,
• considers full renewable energy supply a momentous and visionary goal – the challenge of the century to humanity.